VineStress - A blog about starting a wine label from scratch in Oregon... Home | About | Wine and Vine News | Links | Subscribe

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Missouri sunrise

When you're working full time, fooling around with a vineyard and juggling various writing projects, you find yourself waking up earlier than you'd like. Sleep when you're dead, right? But I'm not a morning person and there's nothing I like more than awakening to the sound of birds outside the window and then rolling over and sleeping for another few hours.

However, sights like this one out the back door soften the cruelty of the alarm clock ripping me out of that favorite hobby of slumber. And when I pine for the city life and feel isolated in the country, a sunrise like this reminds me why we're here.

No comments:

Sort by topic