VineStress - A blog about starting a wine label from scratch in Oregon... Home | About | Wine and Vine News | Links | Subscribe

Monday, June 11, 2007

News roundup

_ Anyone want to go in on a vineyard in France?

_ Another Dust Bowl on the horizon? It's news like this that makes me lean away from the idea of dry farming our vines. What strikes me is the lack of mention in the U.S. press of this topic and its relation to global climate change, which, like evolution, is still a subject of debate in this country.

_ Blurb about Harry's Bar in Venice; it was here that Hemingway penned his famous line: "Some people drink wine, others drink labels," which I sullenly quote when I see people drinking wine I can't afford.

_ A hangover user's guide for those, like me, who will never spit out a mouthful of good wine. Or even not-so-good wine.

No comments:

Sort by topic